Regardless of whether you operate in the private or public sector, it’s crucial your organisation’s sensitive and confidential data is protected from the consequences of a cyber attack. Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done, with cyber attacks and data breaches increasing by as much as 15% in 2021.¹
In an ever-evolving threat landscape, there are a wide range of cyber attacks that organisations need to protect themselves against. This includes:
- Phishing emails
- Social engineering
Another major concern is ransomware attacks, which some estimates suggest have doubled in the last year.² Using this method of attack, hackers gain access to your systems and encrypt your data before demanding a ransom, usually in untraceable bitcoin, in return for the decryption key.
As a result of the various cyber security threats organisations face, a robust security posture is essential. The best way of achieving this is an investment in an effective cyber security solution. By doing so, you can keep your data safe, minimise the damages of a breach and prevent attacks from happening in the first place.
In this blog post, we’re going to take a look at some of the top cyber security solution providers currently making waves in the industry. Let’s dive straight in.
1. Arctic Wolf
After being founded back in 2012, Arctic Wolf has gone on to establish itself as a leading provider of managed security solutions. The company’s solutions are underpinned by a vision of a future without cyber risk.
Fundamentally, they believe that every organisation should be so effective at security operations that the likelihood and impact of cyber attacks are minimised to the point where risk is essentially zero
Their Concierge Security team provides 24/7 monitoring and protection against cyber threats, as well as response and recovery services in the event of an unexpected attack.
Arctic Wolf provides their customers with a whole range of cutting-edge cyber security services, which include, but are not limited to:
- Managed Detection and Response: Concierge Security team proactively monitors your systems for threats and provides around-the-clock protection.
- Incident Response: In the event of an attack, the Concierge Security team will work to contain the damage and get your systems back up and running as quickly as possible.
- Threat hunting: Arctic Wolf’s security analysts proactively hunt for threats that may have gone undetected by other security solutions.
- Managed risk: Arctic Wolf’s team can help you identify and mitigate risks to your business, such as compliance violations.
With the help of Arctic Wolf’s cyber security solutions, your organisation can benefit from a range of security outcomes:
- 24×7 coverage: Arctic Wolf provides coverage of your entire environment — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Broad visibility: Using the Arctic Wolf platform, you can eliminate blind spots with visibility across endpoints, networks, and the cloud.
- Access to expertise: Security operations experts are paired directly with users, and have a unique understanding of your environment to provide strategic advice.
- Strategic guidance: Benefit from security expertise combined with knowledge of your environment to help throughout your security journey.
- Continuous improvement: Build a security strategy customised to your environment — regular posture reviews to track progress for continuous improvement.
Crowdstrike is another leading provider when it comes to endpoint detection and response security solutions, with security that comes in various tiers, ranging from Falcon PRo to Falcom Complete.
Their platform provides real-time protection and visibility into your systems, as well as incident response and forensics services. It’s also 100% cloud-native, eliminating the need for any additional hardware or software.
By partnering with Crowdstrike, your organisation can access enhanced security features that work to protect your data and systems. This includes:
- Endpoint protection: The Falcon platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to detect and block threats in real time.
- Incident response: In the event of an attack, Crowdstrike’s team of experts can help you contain the damage and get your systems back up and running.
- Threat intelligence: Crowdstrike’s Falcon platform gives you visibility into the latest cyber threats, so you can proactively protect your business.
On top of maximising customer visibility into real-time and historical endpoint security events by gathering the data needed to identify, understand, and respond to attacks, Crowdstrike offers users:
- Ease of use: The Falcon platform is easy to deploy and manage, even for large enterprises.
- Comprehensive protection: Falcon provides comprehensive endpoint security, including protection against malware, phishing, and ransomware attacks.
- Insightful reporting: Falcon’s reporting tools provide valuable insights into your system’s activity, helping you to identify potential threats.
- Excellent customer service: Crowdstrike’s customer service team is available 24/7 to help you with any issues you may have.
Darktrace is another preferred provider of cyber security solutions for people and businesses around the world. Their Enterprise Immune System uses machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) to better detect and defend against threats in real-time.
The key security features of their solutions include:
- Endpoint protection: The Enterprise Immune System protects your endpoint devices from malware, phishing, and ransomware attacks.
- Network protection: The system also protects your network from threats, such as malware and data breaches.
- Threat detection: Darktrace’s machine-learning algorithm is constantly evolving, meaning that it can detect even the most sophisticated threats.
Working with Darktrace also allows your organisation to benefit from:
- 24/7 support: As with other providers, Darktrace’s customer service team is available 24/7 to help you with any cyber security issues you may have.
- Autonomous response: The Enterprise Immune System is able to automatically respond to threats, without needing any input from humans.
- Insightful reporting: Darktrace’s reporting tools provide valuable insights into your system’s activity, helping you to identify potential threats.
The next leading provider of cyber security solutions on our list is SecureWorks. Founded in 1998 before becoming part of Dell Technology in 2011, their platform provides real-time protection and visibility into your systems, as well as incident response and forensics services.
Crucially, SecureWorks systems work by combining security analytics and deep human intelligence. The result is an excellent level of protection against a wide range of cyber attacks with features such as:
- Endpoint security: The SecureWorks platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to detect and block threats in real time.
- Network security: The system protects your network from attacks, such as DDoS attacks and data breaches.
- Threat intelligence: SecureWorks’ platform gives you visibility into the latest cyber threats, so you can proactively protect your business.
Many people choose SecureWorks because of its comprehensive endpoint security, which includes protection against malware, phishing, and ransomware attacks. In addition to that, SecureWorks’ reporting tools provide valuable insights into your system’s activity, helping you to proactively identify potential threats.
The final cyber security solutions provider on our list today is Extrahop. Their platform provides real-time protection and visibility into your systems, as well as incident response and forensics services.
Like some of the other providers we’ve looked at in this post, Extrahop’s system uses ML and AI in order to detect and defend against threats in real-time. A few of their key features include:
- Cloud security: Extrahop offers a great cloud security platform, no matter what sort of files you are looking to store.
- Endpoint security: Machine learning and artificial intelligence are deployed to detect and block threats in real-time.
- Network security: The system also protects your network from attacks, such as DDoS attacks and data breaches.
Find a solution that works for you
Remember, there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to cyber security. The only way to ensure that your organisation is fully protected is to identify and implement a solution that meets your specific needs.
Given the nuances and differences between each solution on offer, it’s easy to become overwhelmed when it comes to choosing a suitable cyber security vendor. That’s why it’s advisable to pair with an industry-leading expert who understands the cyber security landscape.
That’s precisely what we offer here at Nexstor. We can assist you in determining the right vendor or solution for you, and we’ll also offer advice on how certain products can be best implemented within your organisation.
If you’re looking for a cyber security solution, but you’re not sure where to start, Nexstor is the perfect partner. Get in touch today to make your business secure and start focusing on what you do best.